Part of this adventure is discovering as much as we can about the people and the country that we will be moving to. So we decided that as we learn more about Croatia we would love to pass on some of the fascinating facts that we find along the way. Here are a few to get you started:
- The White House is made from stone that came from the Croatian island of Brac.
- The first necktie came from Croatia and today it is worn daily by 600 million men around the world.
- Nikola Tesla inventor of Alternating Current electricity was born in Smiljan, Croatia.
- The famous Dalmatian dogs originally came from Croatia. The breed takes its name from Croatia's region of Dalmatia.
- Croatia is the homeland of the world renowned 13th century traveller Marco Polo.