I didn't take a starting picture but you can just look at the huge family picture that is the header for this blog to see my freshly shaven face.
The pictures are weeks 1, 2, and 3 respectively. Clearly week two was the itchy phase hence the non-smile. If you really like looking at my bearded face you can click on the image and see it up close and personal.
Why am I doing No Shave November? I am glad you asked. It is as simple as #beardsforCroatia. I am trying to bring awareness to the fact that we need people to support our family, both spiritually and financially in order for us to get over to Croatia. Here is a snippet of what I wrote earlier this month:
I have decided to grow a beard this month to raise awareness for Croatia. Specifically for the need that is there and for the support our family needs to get over there. It will all be under the banner of #beardsforCroatia.
What are the goals?
- Reach 25% of our monthly need by the end of November. Right now we are at about 10% of what we need each month to live and run ministry in Croatia. Our goal is to take that to 25% this month (doesn't sound too hard, right?). The biggest factor keeping us from moving over there is the finances. We cannot leave until we have 100% of the funds in.
- See 10 people join the #beardsforCroatia team. So you have already begun to grow some type of facial hair, join the team and when people ask you why you are growing a beard use it as an opportunity to talk about Croatia and what our family will be doing there. Then send them to this website for more info.
- See 50 people join Prayer Team. Whenever you see a beard, which will be a lot this month, pray for our family. Pray for God to use us, for the gospel to be spread, for the transition of our kids into Croatian schools, and whatever else God lays on your heart to pray for.
What do you need to do?
- Read This Letter (it explains what we will be doing and what our exact needs are).
- Pray about partnering with us monthly and then give online here or print this response slip and mail it in.
- Grow a beard.
- Join the Team
- Spread the love.
- Watch as my patchy beard grows in.
- I have about 5 other guys who have joined the beard growing team. It has been fun because they will shout #beardsforCroatia whenever they see me. That support has been awesome.
- We had a house show last weekend where I had the chance to share with about 40 people about what God was doing. A huge blessing from one of my #beardsforCroatia team-mates Dave Moran.
- A handful of people sent in support slips and pledged to support us this month
- Our outgoing support has gone from 2% to 10% (we have two different needs: Ongoing - which is what we need to see come in each month and Outgoing - which is a one time amount that will cover the costs of our initial move over there. To see the amounts needed please refer to the letter above.)
Jump in and support #beardsforCroatia and help us reach our goals. It's not too late!